SkyFall Meteorites appreciates your trust and are committed to safeguarding your privacy. As a small business, and as web visitors and shoppers ourselves, we understand your privacy and security concerns because we share them as well. Thoughtful and well-documented policies are critical but so is knowing that we will be careful and sensible in how we use and secure your information.
Most important: SkyFall Meteorites does not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers and has no ability to request such information from the payment processor. Read Purchases section below for more details.
Furthermore, we may process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose and intent for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing will not harm your interests and
- There will be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
- Processing: Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject: A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is to be lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is to be limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is to be done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is to be limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information: You have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access: You have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: In limited circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing: Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Other than the uses defined below, user’s data will never be used, rented, sold, transferred or otherwise disclosed without user’s prior consent. Any request by user to access, update or remove information must be emailed to email@example.com and once received, we will make every effort to process your request within the 30 days outlined by GDPR regulations.
For users making a purchase from our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect Personal Data including the name, address, email address and any other required information provided by you to complete the transaction and deliver the products.
We use PayPal, a PCI-DSS compliant third-party payment gateway, to process our payment transactions. In connection with the processing of such payments, the processor manages all your financial information. SkyFall Meteorites does not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers and has no ability to request such information from the payment processor.
In the event a user does not want to complete their purchase online, the user may contact us by phone or email to make separate arrangements.
For users registering on our website, we store Personal Data as part of the user’s profile. All users can, on their own, view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also view, edit and delete that information.
Browsing & Cookies
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level; however, disabling cookies may hinder your use of certain functions such as remembering items in your cart, visited pages and login details so you don’t have to reenter them on your next visit.
- Necessary Cookies: Required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies: Provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics Cookies: Track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising Cookies: Deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you opt-in to receive email marketing by subscribing to our newsletter, we will occasionally send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. If you do not opt-in, you will never receive any unsolicited emails from us. You may opt-out/unsubscribe at any time via the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter or email.
Visitor Posted Information
SkyFall Meteorites may indefinitely store information posted by visitors to our website including testimonials, replies, questions, feedback, comments, associated meta-data and other non-Personal Data for its own use. No payment data is ever stored by SkyFall Meteorites – See below.
When you provide us with personal information to create an account, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we will either ask you directly for your express consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
After opting-in, you may withdraw your consent at any time for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, on your account page by using our contact us form or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
The third-party providers used by us will collect, use and disclose your data to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us such as payment processing, web analytics, social networking and shipping.
These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them to, for example, complete your transactions, track our website traffic, connect you to a community, or ship your purchased items. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these them.
Certain providers may be located in a different jurisdiction than either you or SkyFall Meteorites. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links on our website may direct you away from our site to an external website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or security practices of other sites.
Data Retention Policy
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Keeping appropriate records of our processing (e.g. customer orders) and allowing you to access to these upon written request.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law enforcement officials, as required by a court of law, or if you violate our Website Terms of Service.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it. It is the user’s responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. The user’s continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
If our website is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners in order to continue selling products to you.
Questions and Contact information
If you would like to view, edit or delete any of your information we have accessible, or simply want more information regarding our policies email us at email@example.com.